Monday, August 31, 2015

Update 8/31

The weather is horrible here. It's been raining non stop and the ground is flooded. It's supposed to rain for the next week and the temps are dropping tomorrow to freezing levels above 5,000 feet. Many hikers here have bailed and are waiting for another time to hike.
I'm not sure what I'm going to. I'll wait another day here in Snoqualmie Pass and see what happens. I have little interest in hiking in this weather. I can't see any point to doing so. The mountains are invisible outside in the thick fog. Between the weather and the fires, which, unfortunately, don't seem to be affected by this storm, I may have to be content with hiking about 2,400 miles. 
I'll update again tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing is as miserable as fog and rain. And not good for the soul either. We're behind you either way, you'll always be an huge inspiration. Too bad it's not killing that fire..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever decision that you make is the right one Brett!!! I have been living vicariously through your thru hike and have learned a lot from your descriptions. This is a seminal event in your life and you have been giving it your all. It is too bad that the heavy rain is not dampening the fires to the NE of you. There is a cold beer waiting for you in Carmel when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. Thanks for the bog and letting me too be a vicarious hiker. Great fotitos and so well written What an inspiration. 🌽

    ReplyDelete