Thursday, February 26, 2015

52 days

Its been a very busy week for me, but productive. I moved from Santa Cruz to Carmel and have been cleaning and moving stuff, including my poor cat Bill, who is terrified of car rides. I got my first smart phone yesterday and I have very little idea how to use it. I need it for my hike, but for fuck's sake, why is there so much security? I had to make like 3 new passwords and a thumb print. I dunno... I also bought a life-proof case because I'm pretty clumsy and I anticipate that I'll somehow manage to either get my phone eaten by a bear or drop it in a privy. I'm testing it now, with this very blog post (Note: the post was horrendous before I edited the typos). It's confusing to say the least, and I'm not much of a texter, so typing on this little screen is a nightmare. I'm gonna probably get a small and lightweight blue-tooth keyboard for blogging purposes; otherwise, I shudder to think of the daily struggle of posting quality journal entries with this dainty little smart box.

I have to adjust my training here in Carmel, because there are much fewer options for longer distance trail running here than in Santa Cruz. The hiking is also different, which is fine, but the trails in the Ventana Wilderness have more elevation loss/gain, and are much less maintained. They are also a further drive, but all is OK. I love the Ventana Wilderness, and I hope to hike in to the south of Big Sur in the Silver Peak Wilderness if I have time.

Coming soon: Gear inventory with pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment